If you’re an international student enrolled in another college or university, you can still apply to study at San Jacinto College at the same time. Find out how you can apply for concurrent enrollment.

Why Study at Two Schools at Once?

As a student at another institution, you may want to concurrently enroll at San Jac to take advantage of specialized courses that may not be offered at your current school. It can give you the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills you need to reach your academic and career goals. 

On top of all that, concurrent enrollment will allow you to network and build relationships with San Jac’s excellent professors and passionate students.

Check with your college or university for a list of courses that will transfer from San Jac.

Explore all programs at San Jac

8 Steps to Concurrent Enrollment as an International Student

  1. Submit Your San Jac Application

    The application process is simple, free, and you can do it all online. To apply, set up an account and choose San Jacinto College in your application. When asked to submit your Social Security numbers, please leave it blank.

    Applications are processed in 2- 3 business days. 

    ​Once your application is processed, you will receive a welcome email from us with your student ID number (also known as your G number) and the steps to claim your student account. For assistance claiming your account, contact Tech Support at 281-998-6137.

  2. Gather Your Transcripts

    We will need official transcripts from any colleges and/or universities you have attended, including the one you are currently attending. See step 7 for where to upload documents.

    Upload your unofficial transcript(s) along with the other required documents in Step 6.

  3. Get a Concurrent Enrollment Letter

    Submit a concurrent enrollment letter from a designated school official or your international advisor at your current institution. The letter should indicate the course(s) you are eligible to take and which semester you are approved to enroll in these courses.

  4. Make Copies of F-1 Travel Documents

    We will need a copy of your F-1 travel documents.
    1. Passport: First page of your passport showing your name, date of birth, and expiration date. Passport must be valid.
    2. F-1 Visa: Visa page from your passport or I-797 Notice of Action required.
    3. I-94 card: I-94 card must reflect entrance under an F-1 visa. To get the most recent I-94 visit this site:  https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home.
    4. Previous I-20's: Gather all I-20's issued from each institution attended under an F-1 visa.

  5. Submit Your Meningitis Vaccination Record if Applicable

    All incoming Texas college students under the age of 22 must receive a vaccination or booster against bacterial meningitis prior to registration. 
    Learn more about this requirement or contact admissions@sjcd.edu with any additional questions.

  6. F-1 Memorandum of Understanding Form

    Open and read the F-1 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Form carefully. Initial next to each statement.

  7. Upload All Documents Required for Concurrent Enrollment

    Concurrent students will not be issued a Form I-20. However, an application for I-20 Form is still required in order to submit electronic admission documents online. Make sure to select Concurrent Application on the Application for I-20 Form in the link below.

    All international admission documents will be uploaded as attachments in PDF format under the Application for I-20 Form.

  8. Get Approved for Concurrent Enrollment

    Please give our office seven to 10 business days to process your application. Once accepted, you will receive authorization to enroll for the course(s) approved in your concurrent enrollment letter.


Contact us at International.Services@sjcd.edu, connect with us virtually, or reach out to our faculty directly.