Mail Safety and Suspicious Substances
- Remain calm.
- Do NOT touch, tamper with, or move the package, bag, or item.
- Notify campus police immediately:
- Give a detailed description of the package
- Advise the dispatcher of any special circumstances regarding your location (special event), people (prior threat) or unusual activity.
- Follow instructions. Campus police will assess the situation and provide guidance regarding shelter-in-place or evacuation.
- If no guidance is provided and you feel you are in immediate danger, calmly evacuate the area. Distance and protective cover are the best ways to reduce injury from a bomb.
- Be aware. There could be other threats or suspicious items.